A Light Bulb Went Off In My Head..

Friday, December 17, 2010
I don't know about you guys, but I get the best ideas for novels when I'm dreaming. I even resort to sleeping with a notebook next to my bed in case I come up with something really good and I don't want to forget it when I wake up.

I had another one of those dreams last night.. So what did I do? You know the drill, I woke up this morning and wrote it down. And I don't want to spill the beans too much but I'll give you a hint.. It's a historical YA novel, set in 19th century England.

While I'm working on it, I'll leave you with a litte quote from it. More like a teaser for you to think about over the weekend.

" The papers called him The Ripper." ~ Lauren Hammond~ White Chapel

9 comments:

  1. Pamela said...:

    My ideas come while I'm driving and that's when I grab my phone and audio record before I forget anything. This morning, in fact, I came up with an idea for a children's book, FINALLY! Yay us!!

  1. Ah, I get it.
    As for me, I get some of my best ideas when I'm driving long distance.

  1. Sounds good to me. Yes, I do have ideas at night when I'm least likely to feel like writing! Occasionally I write them down but most of the time I hope I'll remember in the morning.

    Unfortunately, I have a memory like a sieve!!

    CJ xx

  1. Regina said...:

    I do this when I sleep a lot too, but mostly when I am driving and the music is up. Ideas just come storming into my brain. I hate to drive but love the ideas. lol

  1. Yum Yum! A new novel, I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see it unfold. I have a folder full of new ideas that I can't wait to write.

  1. Great line.

    I've had dreams with ideas, but mostly voices whisper in my ear.

  1. Sarah said...:

    Ah, I love, love, love work on Jack the Ripper. So interesting!

    Glad you got a jolt of inspiration; it's amazing how the subconscious mind works. I seem to get all my best ideas either in the shower or while driving and rocking out to the radio.

  1. Most of my ideas come when I'm in the shower. Apparently hot water relaxes me and makes the creative juices flow. Congrats on the new idea. Sounds interesting.

Post a Comment