Beautiful Creatures = Beautiful Madness

Monday, August 30, 2010
This book was recommended to me by my friends on twitter. In the past, they've always suggested books that I had eventually loved. So when they told me to read Beautiful Creatures, I bought it. Now, I'm never the type to base my opinion on the opinions of others so, I decided I would form my own opinion of this book. And here it is. This book captivated my attention from page one. The story unfolds in Gatlin South Carolina and all in all is a tale of young love. A young love that seems to be doomed from the beginning. Underneath the southern decadence of Gatlin South Carolina, is a world of secrets, familiarity, and a world of the unknown. Ethan Wate, has never met anyone like Lena Duchannes and is instantly drawn to her. This book literally threw me for a loop. When I read the inside of the jacket, I was under the impression that the book would be told through Lena's point of view. But much to my surprise, it was told through Ethan's. I found that refreshing. In all the books I've read, you seldom read that a love story told through the male character's perspective. It was beautiful to read about a young man who shows his emotional side the way the way Ethan did. Buy this book! I found it intriguing, mysterious and at the same time, hauntingly beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lauren! This has been on my list of books to read (so very long) and it may be time to bump it up.

  1. Unknown said...:

    I knew you'd love it!! :) Great post!

Post a Comment