Catch Me... Before I Fall..

Thursday, June 23, 2011


Hello readers!

Who's ready for the #6 top YA read of 2011?

I know this book was released before 2011 but.... I didn't read it until 2011 so that's why it's on this list.

I feel like there is always a point in our lives where we look back at our teenage selves and ask ourselves: What the hell was I thinking?

Me, in highschool, I was a self-proclaimed rebel and some of the stuff I did, I'm glad I did it because I made mistakes and learned from them.

When I first head about Before I Fall, I thought it might be a good read so I bought it. And I wasn't wrong about it being a good read. Not at all. In the beginning of it, I tried to picture my teenage self, going through highschool all over again. I went to school with girls just like Sam Kingston... the main difference, Sam Kingston, had more to her. And I think that's why I instantly took to her. She's beautifully flawed. She felt real to me. And I truly enjoyed reading chapter after chapter and I got to see a different part of her revealed in each one.

"Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know." ~ Lauren Oliver~ Before I Fall.

This book is a tearjerker... But totally worth the spilled tears!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Everyone needs a good tearjerker every once in a while.

  1. Oh yes. A good cry is always refreshing! Thanks Lauren.

  1. I am ashamed to say that I have yet to read Lauren Oliver - BUT she's in my TBR pile.

Post a Comment